Corona(COVID-19) Case surveillance app: Suwapetha Sri lanka
Rapid detection, contact identification and quarantine of public health measures to prevent and control COVID-19 in Sri Lanka. Timely and integrated information is crucial for the effective implementation of these activities. Accordingly, a team of specialists from the Western Province Ministry of Health and the Sri Lanka Epidemiology Unit of the World Health Organization worked together to provide a digital solution – a real-time web-based dashboard and mobile application.
This app allows healthcare professionals to provide up-to-date information on COVID-19 status based on territory, using data from the laboratory system and national and provincial health authorities.
The free app provides the following:
Issue location-based alert messages. Depending on the terrain, these alerts will be sent if the user has an active COVID-19 case within 500 meters.
The user can review any place in the country by typing an address or using the touch screen to select an area on the map. This is especially helpful for health care professionals who are better aware of the potential for exposure among patients receiving treatment.
Contact information of the local public health authorities (MOH and PHI details and Grama Niladhari area details)
Where to go to the nearest hospital and the nearest pharmacy and advice.
1990 and 1999 It is easy to get help from the 24/7 call center of the Western Provincial Epidemiology Unit.
- Issue location-based alert messages. These alerts are sent if there is an active COVID-19 case within 500m of the user, based on geolocation.
- The user can review any location in the country by either typing in an address or using the touch screen to select an area on the map. This is particularly helpful for healthcare professionals who will be better informed of the possibility of exposure amongst patients seeking treatment.
- The contact details of the local Public Health Authorities (MOH and PHI details and the details of the Grama Niladhari area)
- The location of and directions to the nearest hospital and the nearest pharmacy, at any given location.
- Easy access to receive support from the 24/7 call center at the Western Province epidemiology unit, 1990, and 1999 through the application.
The app can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsentry.suwapethaapk
Source : WHO